Many of you may be feeling overwhelmed at the thought of having to be ready to undertake what’s needed to achieve the Code of Conduct or ARVAS requirements.
The best advice I can give is to have a plan, tackle the job one step at a time and document the way things need to be done.
The POLICY should be the standards you set for your village.
The PROCEDURE will set out how you will achieve those standards.
Here are a few tips to help:
- Identify the categories of operations within your village, eg. property, finance, human resources
- List for each category the policy, procedures, tasks and decisions associated with each category (Suggestion — check your last month’s calendar for tasks you do regularly as a starting point)
- Use the Code of Conduct and Accreditation standards as tools to develop a Gap analysis (Suggestion — the ARVAS standards can be be downloaded as a great starting point without you being registered in ARVAS)
- Consult with your team
- Consult with your residents’ committee
- Prioritise what needs to be done
- Decide on a timeline and outline your weekly/monthly actions
And the best piece of advice — DON’T overthink it and DON’T be afraid to ask for help!